“The dragonfly also symbolizes transformation. They too remind us to bring more lightness and joy into our world. They carry the wisdom of change and adaptability in life”
-Lyn Ragan, Signs from the Afterlife
Life is a series of calm and change. Adjusting to change can be a challenge. Whether these changes are expected, exciting and helpful or challenging and unexpected, change can be stressful. Signs that you are having trouble adjusting to a change include:
- sleep disturbances
- eating changes
- loss of appetite
- difficulty concentrating
- questioning life’s meaning
- depressed mood
Counseling can help you plan for an expected transition to give you peace of mind. It can also help you integrate change into your life. Regardless of the change, counseling provides support, comfort, understanding and collaboration as you face life’s challenges. You don’t have to do this alone!
Some of the transitions that can be aided with counseling include:
- Children leaving home
- Caring for an elderly parent or family member
- Career change
- Beginning or leaving school
- Menopause (natural or surgical)
- Death or loss of a loved one
- Exploring options for change
There are times when you know something needs to change, but you are having trouble deciding what. Counseling can help you decide what adjustments may be needed to make your life more satisfying.
Walk and Talk Counseling
Exercise and the outdoors are beneficial to health, recovery and well-being. After your initial intake session, we can have occasional walk and talk counseling sessions. Here is how these sessions go:
- We meet in the office for 15-20 minutes.
- Spend 15-20 minutes of counseling time walking in downtown Bakersfield.
- Return to the office to complete session.